- individual having the requisite computing hardware and an Internet link
- holder of a BCVs e-trade type account service
- interested in stocks and shares
- secure Internet access via our Website
- opportunity to consult your accounts and e-trade positions online at all times
- online booking of your buy and sell orders for the stock exchange
Minimum IT hard- and software requirements advisable for use of BCVs’ e-banking facilities:
- Pentium PC, 32MB RAM, with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP or Mac OSX Internet browser 128-bit encryption minimum: IE 6.0, Firefox 1.5, Safari 2.0 (Firefox 2.0 and IE 7.0)
- Analogue modem with minimum 33,600bps speed, digital modem or access to broadband/TV/cable network Access via an Internet service provider.
- no account-opening charges
- advantageous brokerage fees
- Leading stock exchanges worldwide: SWX, VIRT-X, NYSE, NASDAQ, Euronext, XETRA, Tokyo Stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange, in particular
- negotiable securities: shares, bonds, warrants and Swisscanto investment funds
- operating hours: your orders are forwarded to the stock exchange on which the securities are traded between 8.00 and 17.30 (Swiss time). If you log an order for the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ or Xetra during the evening after 17.30, it will not be forwarded until the next working day.
By signing up for the e-trade account service, you will be able to benefit from advantageous brokerage fees for buying and selling securities, but you will not be able to take advantage of stock-exchange advice from an asset manager as would be the case if you were undertaking transactions using more conventional means.
- very attractive charges
- opportunity to consult your accounts and e-trade positions online round the clock 7 days a week
- possibility to send in your stock-exchange orders at all times
- information on stock exchanges provided free of charge and updated constantly
- free hotline available
If you want to take advantage of this online brokerage service from BCVs, to sign up straightaway for an e-trade contract, all you need to do is follow the instructions below:
- Read through all documentation relating to Banque Cantonale du Valais’ general banking and business conditions (see below).
- Download the application form to open an e-trade bank and securities account at BCVs (provided in a PDF format) and print it out.
- Fill in all the boxes on the application form to open an e-trade bank and securities account at BCVs (including the date and signature).
- Download the tax form relating to US taxation (provided in a PDF format) and print it out.
- Fill in all the boxes on this tax form (including the date and signature).
- Send all the above-mentioned forms – duly completed in full, dated and signed – to the following address: Banque Cantonale du Valais, e-banking Department, 1950 Sion.
- Once your application has been processed and approved, you will receive confirmation through the post that accounts have been opened in CHF, EUR and USD and that a BCVs e-trade securities account has been opened. The confirmation will give you the account numbers for the various services as well as your card for accessing the e-trade facilities over the Internet.
- The necessary password will be sent out by separate post for reasons of confidentiality.
- All you have to do to start trading is to transfer funds into one or more of your e-trade bank accounts or transfer your securities into your BCVs e-trade securities account.
The world of the virtual stock exchange is just the touch of a button away!